VIVO IPL Auction 2018
VIVO IPL Auction-IPL or Indian Premier League is the most awaited league for the fans that occurs in April and May. Every team represents a particular city of India, with so much of glamour and foreign players playing along with local boys the madness amongst the fans is huge. The league was established in 2007 by BCCI and this year it will be the 11th season of IPL.
This season will be held from 4th April to 27th May the season will be short and sweet this time, marking the return of Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royal, who were suspended for two years for their involvement in betting in 2013. Gujrat Lions and Rising Pune Supergiants are gone from IPL 2017.
In the 2017 end few players were retained by the teams. An IPL franchise was allowed to retain upto 5 players, of the five players, a franchise can retain a maximum of three players through retention in lead up to the ipl auction, and a maximum of three players through right-to-match card during the ipl auction.CSK and RR retained few players that played for them in 2015 and who were part of RPS and Gujarat Lions squads in IPL 2017.
The salary budget was hiked from 66 crores to 88 crores by IPL governing council. Although, many teams were against the retention rule as they wanted to grab the amazing players of RR and CSK, everyone wants the cream but still retention rule stayed. A franchise will be allowed to spend only ₹33 crore on retentions ahead of the IPL auction 2018, leaving it at least ₹47 crore to spend at the ipl 2018 auction. The teams were asked to submit the retention list by Jan 4th and the retention was broadcast live on Star Sports for the first time in IPL history.
Below is the table of the players retained by each franchise using the Player Retention option-
IPL 2018 New Players Name list with team
- Chennai Super Kings- S. Dhoni for 15 Crs, Suresh Rains for 11Crs and Ravindra Jadeja for 7. Salary cap remaining – 47 crores, RTM available at ipl 11 auction- 2.
- Delhi Daredevils- Rishab Pant for 8Crs, Chris Morris for 7.1Crs, Shreyas Iyer for 7 Crs. Salary cap remaining – 47 crores, RTM available at vivo ipl 11 auction- 2.
- Kings XI Punjab- Axar Patel for 6.75 Crs. Salary cap remaining – 67.5 crores, RTM available at ipl 2018 auction- 3.
- Kolkata Knight Riders- Sunil Narine for 8.5 Crs and Andre Russell for 7Crs. Salary cap remaining – 59 crores, RTM available at auction- 3.
- Mumbai Indians- Rohit Sharma for 15 Crs, Hardik Pandya for 11Crs and Jaspit Bumrah for 7Crs. Salary cap remaining – 47 crores, RTM available at vivo ipl 2018 auction- 2.
- Rajasthan Royals- Steve Smith for 12 Crs. Salary cap remaining – 67.5 crores, RTM available at ipl auction 2018- 3.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore- Virat Kohli for 17 Crs, AB de Villiers for 11Crs and Sarfaraz Khan for 1.75 Crs. Salary cap remaining – 49 crores, RTM available at vivo ipl auction- 2.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad- David Warner for 12 Crs and Bhuvneshwar Kumar 8.5Crs. Salary cap remaining – 59 crores, RTM available at vivo ipl auction 2018- 3.
VIVO IPL 2018 Auction date has been finalized and are going to be held on 28th and 29th of Jan 2018. Bidding for IPL players is going to be heavy this time. 1122 players are participating in ipl 2018 auction to be held this month. IPL Auction are taking place in Bengaluru this year. There are totally 281 capped players, 838 uncapped players, 778 Indians. About 282 overseas – 58 from Australia, 57 from South Africa, 39 each from Sri Lanka, 39 from West Indies, 30 from New Zealand, and 26 from England have registered for the IPL 2018 Schedules. Troubled England all-rounder Ben Stokes and Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin are among the marquee players. Australian speedster Mitchell Starc and England captain Joe Root are also among the top foreigners who will be under the hammer in the ipl auction 2018.
VIVO IPL 2018 Auction Players List
IPL 2018 Auction Players-The players have been put into 8 different slabs as per their profiles. The slabs for internationals (Indian and foreign) are Rs 2 crore, Rs 1.5 crore, Rs 1 crore, Rs 75 lakh and Rs 50 lakh respectively while uncapped players are base-priced at Rs 40, 30 and 20 lakh respectively. Among the 16 players put into M1 and M2 categories, Indian players like Ajinkya Rahane, Ashwin and Shikhar Dhawan are in top list along with Stokes are expected to fire up the bid. The world class fast bowler Mitchell Starc and math winner Chris Gayle are also put into M1 category. Murali Vijay, Kedar Jadhav, KL Rahul, Yuzvendra Chahal, Dinesh Karthik are in the top wishlist of the franchises along with Afghan sensation Rashid Khan Arman. The number of capped Indian players in the vivo ipl auction are 62 and uncapped 288, while capped foreign internationals is 92 and uncapped 36.
South African pace spearhead Kagiso Rabada is in the Rs 1.5 crore bracket while Brandon McCullum and Faf du Plessis are priced at Rs 2 crore and Chennai Super Kings have their Right to Match Cards (RTM) at IPL 2018 Auction.
BCCI has already sold media rights for a high amount. Star sports has won the total media rights for next 5 years. They have paid Rs.16,347 crore. This is the biggest money spinning cricket event forever. This makes IPL the richest cricketing event in the whole world. With the comeback of RR and CSK, fans are excited to see their favorites again. IPL 2018 is expected to be electrifying and the most amazing season. IPL 2018 Auction Will Be Starting at 28th Jan 2018.
VIVO IPL 2018 Auction Live
IPL 2018 Auction Live Updates – You Can Catch IPL Auction Live at Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 3 and you can also watch IPL 2018 Auction Live at Star Sports HD.
How Many players in IPL Auction 2018 -578